Delaware State Park
1 day to Doors post.
Reflections of pink hues,
Neat lamp atop the building.
The sculpted letters read:
“D E L A W A R E.”
The Olentangy and Ohio River Basins
Flood Control Act of 1938 was created for flood reduction, low flow control for pollution reduction, water supply, recreational, fish and wildlife management. The dam was built between 1947 through 1951. This is operated by the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
The water passes through 5 gated sluices, there are six 25 feet by 32 feet “tainter radial gates.” The body of water called the lake covers 386 square miles.